Easy to use, quality clipper that won’t break the bank!
Forget smaller, noisier, hotter, and quick to break clippers; the Andis AGC Super 2-Speed is the clipper-pick of Dressage On A Dime!
The Andis AGC Super 2-Speed is a great clipper for when you’ve tired of smaller, slower, and el-cheapo little vibrators with lots of noise and only a dull clip with cords to show for your hard work.
I’ve used three of these clippers now, and for the price, they beat many others. For regular full body clips I’d love to have something even larger (and the shaky wrists afterward to pay for it.), but for frequent trimming and trace clips these are great!
Make sure to buy the version with the UltraEdge T-84, it’s a must-have for body clipping! The standard CeramicEdge 10, which also comes with it, works well for legs and head.
There are tons of reviews on the AGC 2-Speed out there , many contradictory. Here, ignoring the ones stating it breaks immediately, doesn’t stand up to clipping a whole horse, or comes with tweaked and dull blades.
And also the ones picking it as the best choice for full body clips of 20-30 horses/year, while being completely maintenance free and able to do a full body in 45 minutes.
Skipping the boring spec part and moving on straight to why I like it:
- It’s small – no wrist fatigue after using it!
- The body of the clippers do not get hot, and have no vents to clean out.
- Fits many blades.
- With a clean horse, sharp blades, and oil, a good clip is guaranteed.
- Blades stay cool, but cooling spray is a must have.
- It’s corded, so no worrying about charging batteries. Just use an outdoor extension cord – no problem with reach.
- You can drop it on rubber mats without it breaking. (Done it!)
- Also on your foot if that’s how you roll. Like me.
- It’s well below $200 with both tax + shipping, and extra T-84 blade.
Trace-Clip Temper Tantrums – No More.
Clean skin makes for a clean cut. Bathe, dry, oil the blades, apply coat shine (blades glide better): Clip. In that order.
Oh, and get the blades sharpened each season. But you already knew that.